More articles in this category
Top Stories

The RCC board chairperson Fritz Jacobs has told The Villager that he welcomes the Cabinet Committee on Overall Policy and Priorities’ (CCOPP...

The Ovaherero paramount chief, Vekuii Rukoro has proposed that the recently discovered Ovaherero and Nama human remains should be kept in the Unit...

The Oshakati Town Council in partnership with Oshakati Premier Electric (OPE) has launched a pilot phase of national support tariff mechanism with...

Analysts have voiced their concern over the latest move to place the Roads Contractor Company (RCC) under administrative management saying that wh...

  Michael Gaweseb, a NamWater director, has written to the board urging them to discipline the Chief Executive Officer Dr Vaino Shivute ov...

Namibia Equity Brokers (NEB) analyst Ngoni Bopoto has said GRN is well on course in its efforts to bring down debt to manageable levels judging by...

Other Articles from The Villager

Woman abandons child without food

by Linekela Halwoodi

A Havana man facing three counts of rape and kidnapping of a woman he claims to have been his girlfriend will return to the Katutura Magistrate Court on 24 August 2011 to hear his judgment.

Petrus Shitaleni was arrested in December 2005 after his neighbour reported him for rape and kidnapping. 

Between 10 and 12 December 2005, Shitaleni allegedly held a woman captive in his shack in Havana and repeatedly raped her.

It’s further alleged that he locked her in the shack without water or food.

The woman was allegedly rescued by her sister and brother in-law. 

Shitaleni, however, told the court that the complainant was his girlfriend at the time the alleged incidents happened. He also denied locking her in the shack saying she locked herself inside.

The complainant did not confirm the alleged relationship but said that Shitaleni was her neighbour.

According to her, Shitaleni pushed her into the shack, locked them both inside and repeatedly raped her from 10 to 12 December. 

She did not object to Shitaleni but asked the court to forbid him to go to her house.

On 2 August 2011, the court warned him to return to court on 24 August 2011 to hear the court judgment.