Windhoek has for the third time recorded more cases than Walvis Bay – 73 compared to Walvis Bay’s 64.
On Sunday, Windhoek recorded 35 and Walvis Bay had 32.
Monday’s total is 152 and the cumulative total is 3 101.
Health minister Dr Kalumbi Shangula said there are five people who are severely sick – one is from Khomas and four are from Erongo Region.
Shangula did not give details of Windhoek cases apart from saying that 10 of Windhoek cases are from one family, 4 are healthcare workers and 28 are from one locality.
He also said six patients are in critical conditions – four are in Khomas and two are in Erongo Region
- Walvis Bay 64
- Swakopmund 9
- Khomas Windhoek 73
- Otjozondjupa Okahandja 2
- Otjiwarongo 1
- Kavango West Nankudu 1
- Hardap Mariental 1
- Omusati Outapi 1
Health minister Dr Kalumbi Shangula said The two cases reported from Okahandja are those of a 37-year-old man and a 44-year-old woman. Both are contacts to confirmed cases. They were tested on the 2nd August 2020, one of them presented with COVID-19 related symptoms.
The case reported from Otjiwarongo is that of a 16-year-old woman who is a contact of a confirmed case. She was tested on the 6th August 2020 as she presented with COVID-19 related symptoms.
The case reported from Nankudu is a 40-year-old man, a cross border truck driver, who came from South Africa on the 28th July 2020. He was tested on the 3rd of August 2020. He did not present COVID-19 related symptoms at the time he was tested.
The case reported from Mariental is a 43-year-old female health care worker. She was tested on the 5th August 2020 as part of an active case search. She did not have symptom consistent with COVID-19 by then, however, she later developed symptoms. She had been in contact with confirmed cases.
The case reported from Outapi is that of a 26-year-old female, who travelled from Windhoek on the 22 July 2020. She had no contact with a confirmed case. She was tested on the 31st July 2020 as she presented with COVID-19 related symptoms.