The High- Level Inter-Ministerial Delegation that went on a fact-finding mission to Walvis Bay has visited the families of those who died as a result of COVID-19.
During his weekly briefings, Erongo Governor Neville Andre said in the last two days the delegation managed to visit some of the bereaved families who lost their loved ones as a result of COVID -19.
Namibia has so far recorded 8 COVID-19 related deaths.
The delegation is headed by the deputy minister of labour and employment creation, Hafeni Ndemula who is joined by the deputy minister of health and social services Esther Muinjangue, deputy minister of education, arts and culture Faustina Caley, deputy minister of urban and rural development Derek Klazen, and the deputy minister of home affairs, immigration, safety and security Daniel Kashikola.
The delegation has been to the health care and isolation facilities in Walvis Bay, Swakopmund and Henties Bay as well as the fish factories and the cemeteries.
The five-day visit which started on Wednesday and ended on Sunday.
Andre said the team has been acquainting themselves with the situation on the ground.
The Governor further said the visit is to re-assure the people of the Erongo Region that the government is fully committed to the protection of lives and livelihoods in this region and across Namibia.
“Show empathy, solidarity and unity of purpose to the people of the Erongo Region. To render a shoulder of support to the people of Erongo,” Andre said.