More articles in this category
Top Stories

Newly appointed Urban and Rural Development minister, Peya Mushelenga, has urged employers to offer financial assistance to their workers and othe...

Distinguished long distance athlete and now Common Wealth gold medalist, Helalia Johannes, has been promoted from Corporal to the rank of Warrant ...

Finally, after fears that there may not be funds to implement the recently birthed Whistleblower Protection Act and Witness Protection Act, the ju...

Long serving Auditor General (AG), Junias Kandjeke, has shot back at politicians who criticised his long stay in office saying that he is ready to...

Namibia’s common wealth gold medalists Jonas Junias Jonas and Helalia Johannes made their touch down back home and received a joyous welcome...

The Namibian Police (Nampol) on Tuesday morning recovered the body of Saima Thomas, 32, in Hakahana after the shack she and her husband and two ch...

Other Articles from The Villager

44 trainers graduate from ProVET programme

Fri, 29 January 2016 22:22
by Rodney Pienaar
News Flash

Forty-four trainers graduated this morning from the Promotion of Vocational Education and Training (ProVET) with certificates in, “Occupationally Directed Education, Training and Development Practices”.

This training program is supported jointly by the Namibia Training Authority and the Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).

Speaking at the graduation ceremony, Head of Cooperation of the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany, Christiaan Grun explained the work of the joint program.

“Our cooperation is based on vision 2013 and is always has the task of developing the capacities of individuals and organization and societies in our partner country. That means we want to help capacity within the country”.

Graduates received certificates, diplomas and master trainer certificate in Occupational Directed Education, Training and Development Practices.

The courses in the program were designed by Verycoolideas of South Africa, a skills development and related training program provider that creates learning in (CBET.

The graduates paid 20% of the cost for the course and training whilst ProVET paid the remaining 80% of costs. The courses are also accredited.

The General Manager of the National Training Fund, Mr. Joseph Mukendwa explained that, “The courses are accredited in South Africa by the South Africa Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and recognized in Namibia by the Namibia qualification Authority (NQA).

“They provide recognition at certificate level 5, Occupational Directed Education Training and Development Practices, and address all key areas of planning, delivery, assessment, and moderation of vocational training, as reflected in the Namibian unit standards," the General Manger of National Training Fund said.

Moreover the courses in the program are competency-based, and the graduates are now able to deliver Community Based Education Training (CBET) training in their respective occupational areas.

The ProVET team and their counter parts in the NTA have worked and continue to work to support the development of several aspiring training providers throughout the country.