She walks away from death everytime


In 2009 on Christmas Day, Louisa . . . had her first accident in Swakopmund while driving from a camping site enroute to work with two colleagues.
Fortunately, nobody died but all sustained minor injuries when Louisa lost control of the car when the car skidded off the road.
A year later on Easter Day, Louisa had her second accident while driving back from Zimbabwe where she had gone for a holiday with friends.
One of her friends died on the spot when she was hit by a car while they were standing by the roadside where their car had had an accident.
On New Year’s this year, she had her third accident near Okahandja involving a long distance bus to the North.
The bus overturned in a gravel road and Louise sustained facial injuries.
Still, Louisa says, she does not fear travelling or driving.
Louisa remembers the death of her friend in Zimbabwe most because it happened when they had just had another accident.
She recalls seeing a stationary car in the middle of the road during the night just before Bulawayo and there were no red triangular signs to alert other drivers about the breakdown.
As could have been expected, the driver behind the wheel in which Louisa was saw the other vehicle too late and when he tried avoiding  to hit it, he plunged off the road.
While standing on the side of the road trying to recuperate from the shock of the near-death experience they had just had, another car lost control and fatally hit one woman who was standing by the roadside together with Louisa and another woman. They both sustained serious injuries and were admitted to Harare State Hospital.
Louisa had a concussion and sustained some injuries on both legs. Her brain swore as a result of the head injuries and she had to be transferred to Windhoek Central Hospital.
Her doctor suggested that she goes for brain surgery but she declined preferring natural healing.
Louisa’s condition has now improved even though she did not undergo the surgery.
But just when she thought everything would go smoothly, the bus accident occurred early this year near Vornburg, a lodge close to Okahandja.
“We were a lot of passengers in the bus, travelling on a gravel road from the lodge. The road was slippery and the next thing I knew, I was in another car accident, which left me with a stiff neck but it is healed now,” she recounts her latest ordeal.
In spite of all those accidents, she has managed to overcome the trauma and two weeks after her hospital discharge, she drove herself into town.
“I’m not afraid to drive even though I am not sure if I can drive long distances,” she says adding that she is currently buying time, hoping to eventually get over her fears.
“I hardly focus on what happened because I cannot change the past but I am so grateful I survived and ready to go back to work. Most people died in those accidents but I survived without any permanent or internal damages. I can still do everything just like any other normal person,” she concludes.