More articles in this category
Top Stories

Tragedy struck today at Iimbili Combined School when an 11-year-old learner took a gun and fatally wounded a 13-year-old grade 5 student (names wi...

Political parties in the opposition camp will have to go beyond rhetoric and pointing at everything that’s wrong with the ruling Swapo Party...

As government deepen efforts to solidify the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector, steps have already been taken to establish a faculty ...

The acting principal of Namibia Institute of Mining and Technology (NIMT) Northern-Campus said that trade certificates of trainees have not yet be...

The Namibian Police has asked for the public’s assistance to identify the unclaimed body of an unknown male at the Windhoek Police Mortuary....

President Hage Geingob has accorded the Late Rosalia Nghidinwa with a state funeral, the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology anno...

Other Articles from The Villager

Traditional viagra lands taxi driver in hospital

Mon, 10 June 2013 03:24
by Chris-Paul


aWindhoek taxi driver ended up at Katutura State Hospital last week after he had imbibed what he thought was traditional viagra.
Steven Kaimbi, 32, of Ombili told V-Metro that he had run low on sexual gas and wanted to boost his libido after meeting a girl at Single Quarters whom he wanted to hump.
Kaimbi said he spent two days in hospital after gulping a concoction he found in a container under his friend, Thomas Munango’s bed.
Munango, according to Kaimbi, had earlier spoken about some concoction he uses to add fire to his sexual encounters and the taxi driver assumed that what was under the bed was the concoction.
“He said the thing works wonders and had some of it in his room. I had a girl I met the same day in Single Quarters over my house and I thought it could help.
“My friend was at a bar drinking with his friends from Rundu. I went to his room and looked everywhere and finally found a 2-litre plastic bottle with thick liquid and some other stuff,” said Kaimbi.
Although it smelled bad, Kaimbi said he plucked up the courage to gulp just about enough and then brushed his teeth before going back to bed.
“About an hour later, I started shaking and feeling nauseous. When Munango got home in the early morning hours, I was vomiting and I was rushed me to the hospital,” he said.
When he told Munango about the concoction, Kaimbi was informed then that it was in actual fact a kidney medication.
“I could have died, all for being stupid. I feel good now and I’m back at work. It was really stupid for me to go under his bed and drink things without his permission but he is a good guy. He understands,” Kaimbi said.
Munango said he regretted the misunderstanding with his housemate and that he believes in traditional medicines.
“I didn’t say it was in my room that day. I said I always keep it in the small fridge in my room when I have some. It works for me and the other bottle was my medication.
“In my village where I grew up, the clinic was far and even if you make it there, there was always a long queue of people,” said Munango.