A weekend of crime and horror


The Namibian police has recorded a string of violent deaths which occurred over the weekend right across the country as a result of murder and suicide.


In a case of suspected murder, the police reported finding the body of 25-year-old Felisia Ndamonoghenda Petrus lying on a bed in Goreangab with strangle marks around her neck.


Allegations are that she was strangled by her boyfriend although no arrest has been made in the meantime.

In Karasburg, the body of 43-year-old Naftalie Domrogh was found hanging on a tree with a steel wire.

The police have said no suicide note was found on the crime scene.


A 20-year-old Shion Malehe also died on the spot after he was stabbed by a sharp object on his neck during a fight with a 20-year-old suspect in Gobabis.

The accused murderer is in police custody while investigations are underway.


A case of suicide was also recorded in Walvis Bay where a 44-year old male, Otto Johannes Krahenbuh was found hanging on a rope around his neck from the roof of his room.


His body was transported to the Walvis Bay police mortuary for post-mortem while no suicide note was also not left behind.

A 22-year-old man lost his life in Karas by drowning when a tent he was sleeping in was swept away by a river during the night.


He has been identified as Ben Henry Markus and his relatives have been informed.


In Nkurenkuru at around 20h00, an unidentified person allegedly shot himself with a short gun at Ncode village.

His body was taken to the Nkurenkuru mortuary for an autopsy as police continue to investigate the case.


A Namibian woman also committed suicide in Ondangwas Ondiya village by hanging herself inside her bedroom.

In Wanaheda, a boyfriend is said to have stabbed his lover, Patricia Hochobes with a scissor during a quarrel.

He has been arrested.


Meanwhile, in Okongo, a case of culpable homicide and reckless or negligent driving was opened after a seven-seater Toyota hatchback driver lost control of his vehicle which burst its rear tyre.


It is further established that out of the six passengers, only the driver (73) sustained head injuries and he later died in an Okongo hospital.


In Ongha, three motor vehicles (Toyota Runx, Toyota Corolla and Honda) got involved in a head-on collision on the Ondangwa/Oshikango-B1 road near the Ongha settlement.


The driver of the Runx, who hails from Ondihaluka village, was seriously injured while that of the Honda, who comes from Ongha, died on the spot.


The police confirmed that the driver of the Corolla did not sustain any injury while two passengers were rushed to the Engela State Hospital.


 In another incident, the Engela Hospital also received the body of Erastus Shipopyeni (33) who allegedly collapsed after coming from cuca-shops.

Investigations are currently under-way.