The former minister of Works and Transport Alpheus !Naruseb said he found the ministry in a mess.
Speaking to The Villager in Windhoek on Tuesday, !Naruseb said his predecessors messed up the works ministry.
“I found this ministry as it was two and a half years ago,” !Naruseb, who was moved to the agriculture ministry last week when President Hage Geingob reshuffled cabinet, said.
In a telephonic interview, !Naruseb also denied being one of the ministers who received a letter from the state house asking him to explain himself for being implicated in corrupt activities in the ministry.
On Thursday last week, NBC reported that President Hage Geingob had written to some political heads of ministries and offices, requesting them to shed light on allegations of corruption, levelled against them or within their ministries.
!Naruseb said: “I did not receive any letter. Who told you so? Let the person who said that confirm to you whether I got the letter.”
He went further to say that he does not qualify to be given a letter to explain himself as he had not been at the ministry long.
“I have not done anything wrong. I am glad that I will no longer be with this ministry. That ministry was a mess when I got here, and those who were there before me must answer. They are also aware of the mess they left there,” Naruseb said.
!Naruseb further said that people dealing with corruption issues know who they should implicate.
"They must not try to find easy targets by involving newspaper like you guys.”